Error on APEX : ORA-20001: Unable to bind..

March 7, 2014

ORA-20001: Unable to bind :P1005_YOUR_PAGE_ITEM_NAME verify length of item is 30 bytes or less. Use v() syntax to reference items longer than 30 bytes. ORA-01006: bind variable does not exist


I encountered an error as above when testing my application on APEX. So, normally I will googling around to find the solution. But unfortunately, I do not found a solid solution to my problem, particularly on the above error.

So I try to solve the error myself. After took couple of hours play around with it, finally it is resolved.


Important thing to take note are:

  • This error is not come from the database. It is from application itself.
  • No need to check your database table and re-define your table structure. Such as change to data length to 30 bytes etc.

Solution:

The problem is due to the naming of the page item. So in APEX, it must not more than 30 bytes. So, I rename my page item to something more lesser in character. It works for me. I hope it is work for you too.


Change your character of P1005_YOUR_PAGE_ITEM_NAME to something lesser!







2 comments:

ShareThis